To fulfill our mission of “Perfecting the Sense of Sight”, we are leveraging our discoveries and expertise in the field of femtosecond lasers to develop multiple advanced solutions for the vision correction market. Many millions of people around the world are in need of our solutions so that they can lead more fulfilling and active lives. As a Clerio Vision employee, you will be a critical part of our team and our efforts to fulfill this life-enhancing mission.
Employer: Clerio Vision, Inc.
Title: Systems Engineers, Motion Controls
Location: 1892 S. Winton Road, Suite 140, Rochester, NY 14618
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team designing and building state-of-the-art laser manufacturing systems and optical metrology tools.
- Analyze and develop user specifications and product requirements to drive system development.
- Develop test plans and procedures.
- Execute and document test results, produce written reports on system performance, progress, and troubleshooting.
- Support development and evaluation of complex system designs.
- Develop and deliver presentations detailing design plans and build progress.
- Work with a femtosecond laser system that is used to modify materials within micron level precision, and is the basis of several ophthalmic devices and treatments.
- Master’s or equivalent degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering or closely related engineering field.
- 18 months of relevant mechanical engineering experience
Must have experience with:
- Optical components, including for (i) laser beam control, shaping and metrology and (ii) the design and integration of optomechanical and opto-electronics components;
- Real-time motion control hardware and software technologies;
- Embedded Hardware/Software design and debugging;
- Writing software to control electrical/mechanical systems;
- Systems design, evaluation, and integration.